What Does Teach for Success Provide?
The Teach for Success team, comprised of accomplished former teachers and administrators, provide a deep expertise in teaching and leadership skills. With our team's guidance, teachers, academic coaches, and district and site leaders will identify and implement instructional and leadership practices that increase achievement for all students. These include:
- A foundation of research-based practices needed to plan, deliver, and assess effective, standards-based instruction
- A leadership process to create a sustainable organizational culture able to plan, deliver, and assess effective, rigorous standards-based instruction
- A variety of methods to provide ongoing, specific feedback to teachers to improve their ability to plan, deliver, and assess effective, rigorous standards-based instruction
Implementation Process and Professional Development
Our team customizes Teach for Success professional development to meet the needs of your school or district. We bring together administrators and teacher leaders to determine the specific instructional practices to be improved and create a customized version of the Teach for Success program and observation instrument, with the ultimate goal of increasing student achievement. (This statement was brought up from the bottom of the page and reworded.)Once this is accomplished, we provide:
- Professional development workshops on the customized Teach for Success model
- Workshops on each instructional practice identified in the Teach for Success approach
- Workshops on observing and analyzing classroom instruction and creating inter-rater reliability using the customized Teach for Success model.
- Job-embedded, on-site coaching to assist administrators and academic coaches with walk through observations and analysis of classroom instruction using the customized Teach for Success observation instrument.
The Six Sections of the Teach for Success Program
- Instructional Practices to Support All Learners
- Student Engagement
- Assessment Practices
- Cognitive Level of Classroom Questions and Activities
- Instructional Approaches
- Learning Environment