California Early Intervention Technical Assistance Network
about the project
The California Early Intervention Technical Assistance Network (CEITAN) provides training, technical assistance, and support to agencies and programs regarding early intervention services for infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families.
The project is funded by the California Department of Developmental Services.
- facilitates the implementation of an Early Start statewide Comprehensive System of Personnel Development required by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Part C;
- administers the Early Start Institutes: Evidence-Based Knowledge and Skill Building for Early Intervention Service Providers and Early Start Service Coordinators, which address early intervention competencies and skill building for Early Start service coordinators and early interventionists;
- coordinates special topic trainings and forums on topics such as assessment and evaluation, natural environments, and family issues;
- administers Early Start scholarships and grants for early intervention service providers for college work, conference attendance, local training events, and local personnel development start-up efforts;
- manages the Early Start Consultant Network providing information, training, and technical assistance for regional centers, local education agencies, and other agencies; and
- manages the Community College Personnel Preparation Project that integrates early intervention competencies into child development programs.