Experimental Research Studies
about the project
WestEd's Regional Educational Laboratory West (REL West) conducts rigorous experimental studies that provide causally valid answers to pressing questions about what works in supporting the development of children of all ages in many types of settings.
To provide such scientifically based information that meets the highest standards, REL West has completed experimental research studies of WestEd and other agency interventions on the following topics:
- Professional development in science
- Instruction for middle school English learners
- Problem-based instruction for high school students
- Curriculum-based character education
- Assessment accommodations for English learners
- Professional development for infant/toddler caregivers in preschool settings
Additional studies on current priorities are being designed with the REL West research alliances.