Mid-Atlantic Comprehensive Center
about the project
The Mid-Atlantic Comprehensive Center (MACC@WestEd) helps state leaders in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia advance their education priorities. Our work focuses on seven priority areas:
- Standards and Assessments: Implementing college- and career-ready standards and aligned, high-quality assessments for all students
- Educator and Leader Effectiveness: Identifying, recruiting, developing, and retaining highly effective teachers and leaders
- School Turnaround: Turning around the lowest-performing schools
- Early Childhood School Readiness: Ensuring the school readiness and success of preschool-age children and their successful transition to kindergarten
- College and Career Readiness: Building rigorous instructional pathways that support the successful transition of all students from secondary education to careers and college without the need for remediation
- Innovations Scale Up: Identifying and scaling up innovative approaches to teaching and learning that significantly improve student outcomes
- Effective Data Use: Using data-based decision-making to improve instructional practices, policies, and student outcomes
WestEd partners with RMC Research Corporation and Quill Research Associates to operate MACC@WestEd, and partners with the Community Training and Assistance Center, Johns Hopkins University Center for Social Organization of Schools, Research for Action, and TERC to provide on-call assistance. IMPAQ International serves as the external evaluator for MACC@WestEd.
Headquartered in WestEd’s Washington, DC, office, MACC@WestEd is part of a federal technical assistance network of 15 Regional Comprehensive Centers and 7 supporting Content Centers across the nation. The network of centers also works closely with other technical assistance providers to ensure effective coordination of education services.