P-16 Reform Assistance to High Schools and Postsecondary Institutions
Who Should Participate
- Secondary/postsecondary educators and administrators
Goals of the Service
WestEd staff support high school and college faculty with the interpretation and use of data, research, and/or policy related to secondary and postsecondary education.
Specifically, WestEd staff provide technical assistance in the form of:
- Facilitation (Professional Learning Councils, meetings, focus groups)
- Data use
Format of the Service
Our WestEd team provides technical assistance to secondary and postsecondary schools and educators in a variety of areas:
- Interpreting and using data to improve student success
- Implementing reforms with fidelity to the model being used
- Understanding best practices
- Analyzing strengths and challenges related to policy and practice
For example, WestEd staff worked with Professional Learning Councils (intersegmental, discipline-specific) as part of the Woodrow Wilson Early College High School network.
Staff also worked on the Bridge to Success Summer Program, where secondary and postsecondary faculty examined student-level data to inform decisions about curricula, teaching practices, instructional materials, and/or performance measures.
Our technical assistance also includes collaborating with larger groups through meetings, presentations, and tools that help educators, administrators, and policymakers interpret and use research on specific topics of interest.
For Completion by Design, we run the initiative's Knowledge Center where we provide technical assistance to colleges on developing and implementing reforms.