Learning the 5-Step Massachusetts Educator Evaluation Model, Session III
Learning Innovations at WestEd
December 5, 2012
Learning Innovations at WestEd, 300 Unicorn Park Dr., 5th Floor, Woburn, MA 01801
Tel: 781.481.1136 Email: email@example.com
Register for a Massachusetts Educator Evaluation Training.
If you would like to schedule a training for a day other than the ones listed here, please contact Pamela MacDougall at 781.481.1136 or by email at Pmacdou@wested.org.
Sessions are being offered at the following locations and dates:
North River, 525 Beech Street, Rockland, MA 02370
- Session 1: October 15, 2012
- Session 2: November 5, 2012
- Session 3: December 10,2012
- Session 1: October 23, 2012
- Session 2: November 15, 2012
- Session 3: December 5, 2012
Together, teachers and leaders must learn how to:
- Set student and professional practice goals
- Collect and analyze multiple forms of evidence
- Learn from observations of practice
- Assess practice using performance standards
- Create professional growth plans
Learning Innovations at WestEd's deep expertise in the area of teacher and leader effectiveness has developed through our work with state education agencies and districts in the Northeast over the last seven years.
Our staffs have also been engaged in this work with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Department Level 4 schools and districts over the last 18 months.
As an approved Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education provider, WestEd and its partner, RMC Research, are offering two professional development options in 2012-2013 to teams from Race to the Top districts:
- A three-day professional development series on the new model for a minimum of four school leadership teams from a district or multiple districts
- Customized technical assistance to districts and schools.
Professional Development for a District or Multiple DistrictsTwo professional development formats are available:
- Six-hour sessions on three days — two modules per day — will cover the content in the six modules required by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Department. These sessions will provide time for teams from one or more districts to problem-solve implementation challenges, practice with observation, and plan next steps for their schools and districts.
WestEd/RMC will tailor services to your needs during regional or district trainings. Register for these sessions.
- Four-hour sessions on three days — two modules per day — will cover the six modules required by the Department, but not include time for teams to plan or address implementation challenges.
Note: We can provide training on selected modules (less than all six) to meet your needs. However, we will require four, four-member teams to participate in at least two modules.
Session TopicsSession 1: Overview including the 5-Step Evaluation Cycle and Unpacking the Rubric (Modules 1 and 2)
Second 2: Self-Assessment and S.M.A.R.T. Goals and Educator Plan Development (Modules 3 and 4)
Session 3: Gathering Evidence and Observations and Feedback (Modules 5 and 6)
Teams must include at least four people and no more than six. Because we are an approved provider, the Department is supporting the full cost of training, including lunch, for Race to the Top district and school teams with four members (one team per school in a district plus a district-level team).
If a district or school chooses to send a team with more than four members, there will be a minimal cost of $30 per additional team member per day to cover materials and lunch.
For non-RTTT districts, the cost is $500 per district plus $120 per person per day. Lunch is included in this fee for those who participate for the whole day.
Customized Technical Assistance to DistrictsTo meet individual needs, WestEd/RMC will provide technical assistance and consultation to districts and schools on a full range of issues related to implementing the new evaluation regulations using the Massachusetts Model System for Educator Evaluation.
Requests for customized services will be negotiated with the district or school, and are not subsidized by the Department.
To schedule any of the sessions mentioned above for your district, please contact Pamela MacDougall at 781.481.1136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the professional development training, please contact Anne Newton at 781.481.1103 or email@example.com.