Clinical Demonstration Schools and Co-Teaching Residencies
SchoolsMovingUp at WestEd
February 7, 2013 @ 3:30 pm–5 p.m., Pacific Time
Tel: 415.615.3213 Email: email@example.com
This webinar will examine model clinical sites for teacher preparation, effective designs for selection of candidate placements, training of Master Teachers, and co-teaching in student teaching residencies.
Presenters from California State University (CSU) are:
- Michael Spagna, Dean, Michael D. Eisner College of Education, CSU Northridge
- Gary Kinsey, Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs and Director of the School of Education, CSU Channel Islands
- Claire Cavallaro, Dean, College of Education, CSU Fullerton
Glen Harvey, WestEd Chief Executive Officer, and Tom Carroll, President, National Commission on Teaching and America's Future, will introduce the webinar.
Discussants will include Kathleen Knutzen, Dean, School of Social Sciences and Education, CSU Bakersfield.
This is the second webinar in a series in partnership with the California Alliance for Clinical Preparation. The series, hosted by WestEd's SchoolsMovingUp, is a collaboration between California State University and WestEd, and is sponsored by several of the state's major philanthropic foundations.
The other webinars in this series are:
- California Alliance for Clinical Partnerships—Models of Success (archived)
- March 7: Clinical Designs and Advancing STEM Preparation
- April 9: Innovative Induction and Beginning Teacher Support Programs, Part I
- May 2: Outcomes-Based Assessments in Teacher Preparation
- June 4: Innovative Induction and Beginning Teacher Support Programs, Part II