Equity Through Excellence Conference
September 25th, 2014 | Riverside, CA
This conference will provide educators with the information and resources they need to create equitable school environments for students from diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds. The conference general and workshop sessions will align to the 8 state priorities indicated in the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) requirements with specific emphasis on the following areas:
- Implementation of Common Core Standards
- Parent Involvement and Engagement
- Student Achievement
- Student Engagement
- School Climate
Co-sponsored by the Riverside County Office of Education and the Region IX Equity Assistance Center.
Respond to Clients’ Requests
We work closely with a variety of clients in Arizona, California, and Nevada at their request. We work with:
- Districts and schools
- Other local education agencies
- School boards
- State education and other government agencies
- Organizations serving families
- Community-based organizations
How We Can Help describes the types of services that we offer and the strategies we employ to deliver those services to our clients.
Equity Exchange – Glendale Union HSD
September 15th, 2014 | Phoenix, AZ
Learn how to support Advanced Placement Access and Success! The Region IX Equity Assistance Center presents Glendale Union High School District in an Equity Exchange.
- Hear from students, teachers, counselors, and school/district administrators.
- Learn strategies to build a culture of access and excellence in AP programs.
- Connect with others on how to implement those strategies in your district or school AP program.