The Region IX Equity Assistance Center presents Glendale Union High School District in an Equity Exchange
Are you an administrator looking to improve your Advanced Placement program? Do you want to increase the number of diverse students who successfully complete Advanced Placement courses?
On April 29, hear from students, teachers, counselors, and administrators at Glendale Union High School District in Glendale, Arizona, the 2013 National AP District of the Year!
- Learn strategies to build a culture of access and excellence in AP programs
- Connect with others on how to implement these strategies in your district
Click here for more information and registration information.
New Paper! High-Quality Science Instruction: Building Conceptual Understanding and Language Skills for English Learners
High-Quality Science Instruction: Building Conceptual Understanding and Language Skills for English Learners describes how the confluence of 21st century skills, the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), and the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) —provides an unparalleled opportunity to improve science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education for all students, particularly English learners.
Read this new resource.
Respond to Clients’ Requests
We work closely with a variety of clients in Arizona, California, and Nevada at their request. We work with:
- Districts and schools
- Other local education agencies
- School boards
- State education and other government agencies
- Organizations serving families
- Community-based organizations
How We Can Help describes the types of services that we offer and the strategies we employ to deliver those services to our clients.
Key Areas of Work
The priorities of the Region IX Equity Assistance Center (EAC) at WestEd are clustered in three key areas of work:
- Improving academic language development for English learners and other students
- Improving the distribution of high-quality teachers
College and Career Readiness
- Improving opportunities for underserved students in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) courses
- Improving teachers’ STEM content knowledge through professional development
Safe and Supportive School Environment
- Using climate data for school improvement
- Improving community and family engagement
For more information, see How We Can Help.