The Center for the Future of Teaching and Learning addresses critical challenges and improves the quality of technology use both in and out of the classroom to increase student learning.
The Center for the Future of Teaching and Learning was founded on the belief that the knowledge and skills of teachers are key to increasing students’ academic achievement and, therefore, should be the foundation of any effort to improve public education.
Today’s students have the ability to access and produce more information faster and richer than any other generation. However, schools are not keeping pace with technology developments and many of these opportunities go untapped in today’s classrooms. The Center for the Future of Teaching and Learning bridges the gap between digital tools and actual practice to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
Teacher Practice Networks
The Teacher Practice Networks initiative, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, is designed to accelerate the work of teacher networks as they support their members in successfully implementing college readiness standards. The initiative seeks to:
- Build on early Common Core math and literacy implementation strategies
- Support innovative approaches across networks
- Identify scalable cross-network solutions to supporting teachers by using different forms of digital technologies
We engage and inform education stakeholders, community members, and policymakers about gaps, barriers, and facilitators to high-quality teaching and learning in a digital age. We seek ways to build partnerships and bring together education stakeholders to address issues and disparities, and encourage innovative digital solutions to ensure a successful future for all students.
The Center for the Future of Teaching and Learning commits to the following goals:
- Identify innovative approaches to teaching and learning that include digital tools
- Connect educators and entrepreneurs to better inform products and strategies to support teaching and learning
- Inform the education community—including policymakers, practitioners, and entrepreneurs—about future technology trends in teaching and learning
- Recommend policies to support teaching and learning at the local and state levels