Improve Academic Achievement of English Language Learners
Florida’s diversity of English language learners surpasses most states throughout the nation. WestEd can help build teachers’ expertise to engage all students in deep learning and improve academic achievement.
To improve teaching and learning, the Quality Teaching for English Learners (QTEL) program at WestEd provides Florida educators with an instructional approach to academic literacy and content knowledge in all disciplines that challenges, engages, and supports English language learners.
- Intensive workshops and institutes for all teachers
- Sustained work with districts and schools
- Developing and piloting instructional materials
- Summer Institutes in San Francisco for teachers and administrators
Develop an English Learner Master Plan for Your Florida Districts
To support systemic positive outcomes for all Florida learners, WestEd works with districts to create a customized English Learner Master Plan. WestEd’s English Learner Master Plan services include:
- Analysis of state and local performance data related to English learners
- Shadowing and/or classroom observations to understand current practices
- Stakeholder learning and engagement sessions
- A review of the district’s program policies and practices