Close the Achievement Gap in Middle and High School with Reading Apprenticeship
More than ever, middle and high school students are required to understand a variety of text formats, think critically about what they read, and construct text-based arguments. Reading Apprenticeship is an evidence-based approach to classroom instruction and professional learning proven to help close the achievement gap in ELA, science, and social studies.
Using the Reading Apprenticeship approach, you can help middle and high school students throughout Florida progress toward grade-level targets. For students already at grade level, Reading Apprenticeship promotes deeper learning and enhances critical thinking.
Reading Apprenticeship professional learning enables you to give students the tools and skills they need to become persistent, resilient readers, writers, and learners — in any subject.
- Evidence-based: Gold-standard research studies over 20 years prove Reading Apprenticeship works
- Supports social-emotional learning: Blends academic content and social-emotional learning
- Works with all subjects and students: Can be used in any subject including math and science, and proven effective with English learners
- Works with any curriculum: Reading Apprenticeship is an approach to teaching, not a curriculum to buy
Participate in Reading Apprenticeship Professional Learning
- Experience and learn to build a collaborative classroom culture that fosters both academic literacy and social-emotional learning
- Gain an understanding of the literacy practices and conventions specific to their discipline
- Learn to make literacy practices visible to your students
- Enact strategies that improve students’ awareness of their own thinking, as well as their stamina and problem-solving skills
For more information, please complete the form at the bottom of the page.