Improve Outcomes for All Florida Students
Meeting the unique needs of diverse learners and students with disabilities is a critical priority for Florida educators. WestEd helps schools and districts improve outcomes for students with disabilities, enabling students to succeed in school and beyond.
WestEd professional learning helps build your knowledge and skills in such areas as:
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- Developing paraprofessionals
- Special education leadership
Special Education Review and Systems Improvement
Are all of your Florida systems and services aligned to guarantee high expectations and support individual success for all students? WestEd’s comprehensive review of special education programs and services includes:
- On-site classroom observations, interviews, focus groups, and a review of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
- Online surveys of teachers, administrators, and stakeholders
- Comparative data analysis looking at student achievement, risk for non-compliance and/or litigation, and personnel and budget allocations
The special education review results in a report with findings and recommendations for improvement. It also includes benchmark comparisons so you can see how your district compares to state averages and similar education agencies.