As its Chief Financial Officer, Nancy Riddle is responsible for financial accountability and performance in support of the mission and work of WestEd.
She oversees an agency budget of more than $125 million, helping to ensure fiscal viability of the agency. Her responsibilities include:
• Managing the Accounting, Finance, Purchasing, Contracts and Legal departments
• Overseeing the agency’s financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, accounting, risk management, investment and contracting activities
• Providing strategic, operational, and financial analysis and advice for all areas of WestEd operations
• Leading the development of agencywide financial performance policies, processes, and controls
• Serving as primary advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors on financial matters
Riddle has extensive experience in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors, and has worked in the financial services, public accounting, consumer electronics and education sectors.
She served as an elected school board director for Berkeley (CA) Unified School District from 2002-2010.
Riddle received an undergraduate degree in business and an MBA, both from the University of California at Berkeley.