The Data for Decisions Initiative provides resources to educators, policymakers, and researchers to help them increase their understanding and capacity around the growing field of data for decision-making.
In recent years, a philosophical shift has occurred in which educators are encouraged to use data for continuous improvement, not just for compliance and accountability purposes. Increasingly, data are used to inform instructional and administrative issues by educators. They are also used to address pressing education questions by policymakers, researchers, and other stakeholders. Thus, WestEd created an initiative to help educators, policymakers, and researchers increase understanding and capacity around the growing field of data for decision-making.
The Data for Decisions Initiative has three foci:
- Promote awareness around technical assistance and professional development
- Organize and support collaboration and convenings
- Disseminate new and important research in the field
Data for Decisions Initiative Website: What You’ll Find
The Data for Decisions Initiative website is a go-to resource for educators, policymakers, and practitioners interested in learning more about data for decision-making.
- A tools & resources library; and data use basics pages including glossary, FAQ, and roadblocks and solutions pages
- White papers in our research library and information on upcoming news and events
- A foundational research library and opportunities to collaborate with leading researchers and organizations in the field