From 2015-2021, WestEd partnered with Twin Cities Public Television (TPT) to conduct extensive research on and evaluation of their Hero Elementary program, which combines Kindergarten to 2nd science learning with interactive media.
- AERA 2021, A Randomized-Control Trial of a Virtually Implemented Early Science Program During a Pandemic, Presented by: Linlin Li, Kim Luttgen, Chun-Wei (Kevin) Huang, Momoko Hayakawa, & Joan Freese
- AERA 2021, Access to science learning using transmedia resources – design and use with children with disabilities, Presented by: Betsy McCarthy, Daniel Brenner, Priscilla Motley, Marina Varfolomeeva, & Momoko Hayakawa
- SRCD 2021, How Can Children Optimize Their Online Learning Experiences with Educational Technology?, Presented by: Linlin Li, Momoko Hayakawa, & Joan Freese
- SRCD 2021, Equity strategies for design and use of learning resources for children with moderate disabilities: making science accessible and engaging, Presented by: Betsy McCarthy, Daniel Brenner, Priscilla Motley, & Momo Hayakawa
- ISTE 2021, Hero Elementary equity strategies to design and use blended science learning resources, Presented by: Betsy McCarthy, Daniel Brenner, & Momo Hayakawa
- AERA 2020, Catch Them Before They Fall: Predicting Early Grade Student Struggle During Educational Game Play, Presented by: Mingyu Feng, Betsy McCarthy, & Melissa Cheung
- AEA 2020, Evaluation of a K-2 early science digital transmedia program: Synthesized learnings on implementing with fidelity, Presented by: Linlin Li, Sara Atienza, Eunice Chow, Momoko Hayakawa, Joan Freese
- California STEAM Symposium 2019, Partnering with K-2 Educators: Developing an NGSS Aligned Digital Transmedia Program, Presented by: Sara Atienza & Eunice Chow
- UCLA CRESSTCON 2019, Using Telemetry Data During Early Testing to Improve Digital Learning Resources, Presented by: Betsy McCarthy, Melissa Cheung, Mingyu Feng, Kelsey Austin-King, Jennifer Wang, Momoko Hayakawa, & Dennis Ramirez
- AERA 2019, Innovations in Methodologies for Telemetry Testing in Learning Games to Improve Accuracy and Engagement, Presented by: Melissa Cheung & Betsy McCarthy
- AERA 2019, Engaging in Game-Based Family Discussions to Promote Science Inquiry, Presented by: Michelle Tiu, Rosanne Luu, Momo Hayakawa, & Dennis Ramirez
- AERA 2019, TPT New Methodologies for Identifying On- and Off-Task Behaviors and Refining Telemetry in Digital Learning Resources, Presented by: Betsy McCarthy & Melissa Cheung,
- California STEAM Symposium 2019, Partnering with K-2 Educators: Developing NGSS Aligned Digital Transmedia Program, Presented by: Sara Atienza & Eunice Chow
For more information about WestEd’s Ready To Learn Evaluation of Transmedia Science Learning Resources for Children & Families (2015-2021), visit us at WestEd.org/project/ready-to-learn-evaluations or email us at info@WestEd.org.