Episode 1: Getting Our Resource Equity Bearings
Download the companion brief to Episode 1: Defining an Approach to Equity
In this first episode, Jason welcomes several guests to help you get your resource equity bearings as the series commences. Speakers include:
- Christopher Edley, Jr., Interim Dean, U.C. Berkeley Graduate School of Education, and Co-founder and President Emeritus, The Opportunity Institute
- Maria Echaveste, J.D., President and CEO, The Opportunity Institute; and former White House Deputy Chief of Staff
- JayneChristakos, former Chief Business Officer, San Bernardino City Unified School District
- Marguerite Williams, Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services, Adelanto Elementary SchoolDistrict
- Adela Madrigal Jones, Superintendent, Sanger Unified School District; and former Senior Director of Equity and Diversity, Association of California SchoolAdministrators (ACSA)
- Michael Kirst, Professor Emeritus, Graduate School of Education, Stanford University; and past President, California State Board of Education
Listen to more Budgeting for Educational Equity Podcast episodes.
Publisher: WestEd and the California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO)
Budgeting for Educational Equity Podcast Series Episode 7: The Locus of Local Control – Revisiting the LCFF, Part Two
In part two of our focus on California’s Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF), host Jason Willis and special guests examine the concept of local control more closely, especially as it relates to educational equity.
Budgeting for Educational Equity Podcast Series Episode 3: Collaborating and Planning for Change – More Resource Equity Learnings From a School District Leader Advancing the Work
In this episode, Sanger Unified School District Superintendent Adela Madrigal Jones shares her district’s approach to advancing equity.
Budgeting for Educational Equity Podcast Series Episode 6: Revisiting the LCFF, California’s Landmark School Funding Reform, Part One
Adopted in 2013, the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) ushered in a new era of school finance in California. In this episode, host Jason Willis and special guests explore key elements of the resource equity reform.