Budgeting for Educational Equity Podcast
Advancing equity must continue to be a major focus for California public education at all levels of the system. How can dedicated teams of leaders, school business officials, educators, and entire school communities allocate resources to better meet the needs of all students?
With an influx of additional federal and state dollars, schools and districts have new opportunities to respond to student needs and promote transformative change as we emerge from the pandemic. In this new podcast series presented by the California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO) and WestEd, Jason Willis welcomes education leaders and practitioners to discuss funding, educational improvements and advancing resource equity. Willis serves as WestEd’s director of strategic resource planning and performance for WestEd and a former chief business official in several California school districts.
Join us to learn how to translate research into action, best practices, tools, and key learnings from the experiences of guest policy experts, advocates and school district leaders to share how they think about and define resource equity in education.
Follow us on Twitter at @Budget4EdEquity to keep up to date on the series; find additional resource recommendations; and share your thoughts, ideas, questions and feedback.
Listen to the first episode below and access the full series and related resources here.
Episode 1: Getting Our Resource Equity Bearings (August 3)
- Christopher Edley, Jr., J.D., Interim Dean, U.C. Berkeley Graduate School of Education, and Co-founder and President Emeritus, The Opportunity Institute
- Maria Echaveste, J.D., President and CEO, The Opportunity Institute; and former White House Deputy Chief of Staff
- Jayne Christakos, former Chief Business Officer, San Bernardino City Unified School District
- Marguerite Williams, Ed.D., Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services, Adelanto Elementary School District; and former Senior Director of Equity and Diversity, Association of California School Administrators (ACSA)
- Adela Madrigal Jones, Superintendent, Sanger Unified School District
- Michael Kirst, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Graduate School of Education, Stanford University; and past President, California State Board of Education
Listen to the full series and download related resources here.
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will be available after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.