Evaluation Toolkit for Magnet School Programs
Conducting an effective evaluation starts with careful thinking on Day 1—as you design and implement your program. This magnet school evaluation online toolkit, produced by Innovation Studies at WestEd for the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Innovation and Improvement, offers practical advice and resources informed by research and the experiences of magnet directors and their partner evaluators. This online resource helps you conduct an evaluation that:
- Moves beyond compliance to uncover the effectiveness of your unique program
- Uses a logic model to guide the process
- Is supported by a strong partnership between the magnet director and the evaluator
The toolkit supports district administrators to strengthen six essential components of the evaluation process:
- Set the stage for purposeful evaluation
- Develop a theory of action for your program
- Evaluate implementation to document what you are doing
- Evaluate outcomes to show your program is making a difference
- Get quality data into your evaluator’s hands
- Take action in response to evaluation results
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will be available after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.