Doing What Works: Research-Based Practices for Secondary Schools
This “one-stop” package contains all the materials you need to conduct six topic-specific workshops on implementing research-based practices in secondary schools.
Produced by the Doing What Works (DWW) project at WestEd, the package contains six modules that each equate to a one- to three-hour professional development workshop:
- Module 1 – An Overview of DWW
- Module 2 – Four Effective Adolescent Literacy Practices
- Module 3 – Implementing Effective Dropout Prevention Practices
- Module 4 – Helping Students Navigate the Path to College
- Module 5 – Integrated Topics: Using Data and Implementing Interventions in Secondary Schools
- Module 6 – National High School Early Warning System Tool 2.0
These six modules are appropriate for a range of audiences:
- Professional development and technical assistance providers
- Reading specialists
- Teacher leaders and coaches
- Classroom teachers, including middle school and high school content area teachers
Interested in more professional development packages? Subscribe at dww.ed.gov to receive updates on new offerings.
Additional DWW Professional Development Packages:
- Using Student Achievement Data to Support Instructional Decision Making
- Adolescent Literacy
- Increased Learning Time
- Improving K-3 Reading Comprehension
- Connecting the Dots
- Research-Based Practices for K-6 Mathematics
- Teaching Elementary School Students to Be Effective Writers
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will be available after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.