Supporting School Principals: What do the experts say?
A collection of resources developed by REL West.
Since 2017, our REL West Educator Effectiveness (EE) Alliance has convened state and district leaders from Arizona, California, Nevada, and Utah to learn from experts about their latest research on evidence-based leadership supports. These states are in different phases of rolling out new statewide supports for site leaders.
At REL West’s regional events, state and district teams have worked closely with invited experts to shape and improve their support strategies and practices. These sessions have been captured in a series of short videos.
Explore this series of free videos from REL West that describe how states and districts can support and develop principals.
Key topics include:
- How do principals influence student learning?
- How can local principal supervisors (district leaders) best support principals?
- What conditions need to be in place for principal supervisors to succeed?
- What evidence underlies different leadership development options?
- What does it mean to have a strong pipeline of principals? How can leaders know if their professional learning for principals is effective?
view the Supporting School Principals collection.
Product InformationCopyright: 2021
Publisher: U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will be available after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.