Recorded on March 17, 2011
Are educators in your state, district, or school wondering how to redesign its English language arts curriculum to align with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS)?
Common Core, a nonprofit agency, created the first K-12 curriculum maps that are shaped around the CCSS. Common Core’s maps are already in use in scores of districts. They were written by teachers for teachers and are available online for free.
Listen to the curriculum mapping team to learn how:
- You can use the maps to assist in your CCSS implementation efforts
- The maps were created
- The maps ensure that all of the standards are met
- The maps pair CCSS with content that will excite students and teachers
- Viewers of the maps can enhance and expand them
- States and districts are already piloting the maps