WestEd helps California Community Colleges analyze and change their reporting codes, thereby gaining more funding and financial aid for their students. WestEd has facilitated code review workshops for dozens of Community Colleges throughout the state of California. Our partners include the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges (ASCCC), local labor experts from the Centers of Excellence, and curriculum experts from nearby community colleges.
We put faculty in the driver’s seat, working with Community College administrators and researchers to help the team review their reporting codes (TOP, CIP, SOC, and SAM) that have been assigned to courses and program awards. When codes are accurately assigned, colleges are better able to implement degree audit systems, can avoid inconsistencies in federal reporting, and see data that are consistent with similar programs in tools like Salary Surfer, Data Mart, and the LaunchBoard.
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin for regular updates on research, free resources, services, and job postings from WestEd.
Connect with us on social media, where we share valuable information every day to help you tackle real-world challenges.
What You Will Learn:
- Better understand your college’s reporting codes, what they mean for students and programs the faculty teach, and how to review reporting codes for accuracy
- Engage in hands-on review of program codes and their associated descriptors facilitated by WestEd curriculum and data experts
- Learn how codes can impact funding for CTE programs
- Gain information to support cross-discipline and cross-college alignment and collaboration efforts
- Access experts in curriculum, data, and labor who will help faculty accurately align courses during the code review
- 1 hour kick-off call
- 30-minute course verification
- 1-2 hour recorded explanatory webinar
- 1-2 hour code alignment workshop (on campus or virtual) for each program under review; physical and electronic code binders will be provided
- Complete list of code changes and notes after the review has been completed