Who Will Benefit
- K-12 School and District Administrators
- K-12 Teachers and Teacher Leaders
Your school district team will collaborate with WestEd to develop a Systemic Improvement Plan for English Learner Success (also referred to as a Master Plan) that leads to significant improvements in outcomes for English learners (ELs).
The Systemic Improvement Plan for EL Success development process is based on research-informed and best practices and policies for improving EL outcomes.
The Systemic Improvement Plan, or Master Plan, is customized per district needs and is anchored in local academic and language development standards. The Plan includes a strategic selection of recommendations and high-leverage action steps/strategies.
These high-leverage strategies are carefully crafted and designed to align with your district resources and culture. Assessment and plan development is informed by:
- Longitudinal analysis of EL performance data to include EL subgroup and state subgroup comparisons
- Deep examination of current practices via EL shadowing and/or classroom observations
- An inquiry approach using guiding questions
- Learning and engagement sessions
- A review of the district’s program policies and practices related to instruction, assessment, evaluation, accountability, and professional development
The Systemic Improvement Plan for EL Success development process takes place in four stages, typically over a one- to two-year period.
Please contact Maria Santos (see contact information below) to discuss a scope of work customized for your school district’s context.
What Makes This Service Unique
The Systemic Improvement Plan for EL Success development process is based on a collaborative inquiry approach designed to establish and build the capacity of the school district’s team to learn, plan, and implement systemic strategies.
These strategies are designed to strengthen the policies and practices needed to help ELs simultaneously develop conceptual understandings, disciplinary-specific language uses, and analytical practices needed to graduate college- and career-ready, and prepared to succeed in and contribute to a diverse global society.
Costs are based on the scope of work for your district. Please contact Maria Santos (see contact information below) for an estimate.
For more information, please contact Maria Santos at email@example.com or 415.615.3169.