What You Will Learn
Requirements for school accountability and improvement may change over the years, but the continuity of WestEd’s commitment to closing the achievement gap is stable and consistent. WestEd School Improvement Planning builds the capacity of schools, school districts, and state education agencies to improve educational programs and culture for all schools, all students.
The WestEd School Improvement Planning service helps districts and schools meet the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) requirements, and ensures plans are monitored and refined annually through a continuous improvement process. Our methodology — driven by the Four Domains for Rapid School Improvement* — promotes systemic change in improving student outcomes.
*Four Domains for Rapid School Improvement
- Instructional Transformation
- Turnaround Leadership
- Culture Shift
- Talent Development
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin for regular updates on research, free resources, services, and job postings from WestEd.
Connect with us on social media, where we share valuable information every day to help you tackle real-world challenges.
Who Will Benefit
- School Administrators (Principals, Coaches, School Improvement Directors)
- District Administrators (Directors of Curriculum, Instruction, and/or Assessment; District School Improvement Leaders)
- State School Improvement Directors
WestEd delivers high-quality support for school leadership teams. We help by:
- Analyzing data to identify key areas of strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Uncovering practices and processes for an effective system of continuous improvement
- Analyzing root causes, prioritizing needs, and focusing resources on areas that will have the greatest positive outcome on student achievement
- Supporting ongoing, data-driven collaboration — within schools and among administrators and teachers
The result of the service: a clear and actionable plan that addresses all aspects of teaching and learning, and school operations, with suggested success measures to guide sustainable improvement efforts.
What Makes This Service Unique
Our experts have a deep understanding of the challenges that schools face. As home to the Center on School Turnaround — creators of the Four Domains for Rapid School Improvement — WestEd brings firsthand understanding of the challenges your schools and districts face.
The depth, diversity, and legacy of our school improvement work is strengthened by extensive, research-based knowledge to help all learners — infants to adults — succeed in school and beyond.
For information on pricing, please contact Terry Hofer at 585.503.3862 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about this service, please contact Terry Hofer at 585.503.3862 or email@example.com.
Stay up to date with the latest WestEd news, events, research, and leading voices to support your commitment to improving learning, healthy development, and equity in schools and communities.