WestEd provides quality services in formative and summative evaluation to clients conducting a wide range of programs in STEM education.
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin for regular updates on research, free resources, services, and job postings from WestEd.
Connect with us on social media, where we share valuable information every day to help you tackle real-world challenges.
Who Will Benefit
- Education Project Staff, Administrators, and Funders
- Professional Developers
- Projects needing formative feedback through focus groups, observations, surveys, and more
- Projects needing rigorous quantitative studies by staff experienced in What Works Clearinghouse required methods
A successful evaluation requires a close relationship between the evaluator(s) and program staff. WestEd evaluators and your program staff will work together to develop evaluation questions, methodology, and timeline customized to your needs and goals for your STEM education program. You will receive:
- The best configuration of evaluation staff for your program
- Candid participant feedback that tells you what you need to know for your STEM evaluation program moving forward
- Written reports that will address your audience well, from using correct STEM terminology and measurement metrics to including insightful quotations from your participants
- Actionable formative and summative results well-tailored to your audiences
We also work with STEM projects needing formative feedback through focus groups, observations, surveys, etc.; and/or needing rigorous quantitative studies by staff experienced in What Works Clearinghouse required methods.
What Makes This Service Unique
You will feel like we “get” your project because our evaluators also lead STEM projects of their own. All of our evaluators, located in WestEd offices nationwide, have evaluated a variety of science, technology, engineering, & mathematics programs funded by the National Science Foundation, private foundations, corporations, and state and local sponsors. We conduct both project-level and program-level evaluations, large and small.
WestEd’s evaluators are senior staff members well-grounded in evaluation theory, design, and implementation. Some of our evaluators are mathematics or science educators, while others have expertise in professional development, organizational change, and program implementation.
Cost varies based on the specific program and the scope of the evaluation to be carried out.
To learn more about WestEd’s formative and summative evaluation services, please contact Cathy Ringstaff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-381-6430.
Stay up to date with the latest WestEd news, events, research, and leading voices to support your commitment to improving learning, healthy development, and equity in schools and communities.