The public workforce system responds to the workforce needs of regional and local industries and employers by ensuring that education, training, and workplace experience leads to positive employment outcomes for job seekers.
Today’s workforce development leaders are challenged to create a job-driven workforce system that:
- Convenes and facilitates industry-led partnerships that strategically and operationally align workforce development system and program investments to support regional economic growth
- Helps close skills gaps by ensuring job seekers gain competencies and credentials that businesses require for jobs in demand now and into the future
- Promotes a seamless progression from educational, training, and workplace learning options to employment by implementing innovative and evidence-based practices
- Breaks down barriers to accessing job-driven training for all those willing to work, especially for vulnerable populations like youth, the long-term unemployed, veterans, women, and groups not traditionally represented in growing industries and occupations
- Makes better use of data to inform program design, accountability and improvement, and measure and evaluate employment outcomes
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin for regular updates on research, free resources, services, and job postings from WestEd.
Connect with us on social media, where we share valuable information every day to help you tackle real-world challenges.
We draw on expertise from across the agency to help clients and partners catalyze change and achieve results. We:
- Facilitate strong partnerships between the public workforce system, industry, economic development agencies, secondary and postsecondary institutions, and training providers
- Design job-driven talent pipelines to growing industries and occupations and build capacity to implement promising and research-informed practices
- Gather and use labor market information, performance data, and evaluation results to inform program design, accountability, and improvement
- Support sustainability by developing strategies that leverage system resources to broaden impact and cultivating new resources to help institutionalize promising and proven practices
Our work focuses on systems design, innovation, and improvement; research and program evaluation; technical assistance and capacity-building; facilitation and management of partnerships and collaborations; and policy analysis, alignment, and implementation.
What Makes This Service Unique
We work closely with clients and project partners to ensure that evaluation planning and implementation is contextualized, relevant, and targeted to the information needs of primary intended users. We have a proven track record of applying rigorous methodological standards to our work to produce reliable and accurate results.
Who Will Benefit
- Federal, State, and Local Agencies
- Workforce Investment Boards
- Program Directors and Managers in Public Workforce Agencies
- Community-Based Organizations
- Community Colleges and Four-Year Institutions of Higher Education
- Adult Schools
- Secondary Schools and School Districts
- Training Organizations
- Labor Unions
- Philanthropic Organizations
- Other Workforce Stakeholders
Cost varies based on the specific work to be carried out.
To learn more, contact Randal Tillary.
Stay up to date with the latest WestEd news, events, research, and leading voices to support your commitment to improving learning, healthy development, and equity in schools and communities.