Support for children and youth with disabilities is a critical component to any school improvement plan and is essential for equitable education that prepares students for college and career.
This month, as you may be reviewing solutions for targeted and comprehensive school improvement support, WestEd is highlighting the multitude of ways in which educators — including teachers, administrators, teacher educators, and state and local administrators — can help to support children and youth with disabilities.
Whether you’re looking for general information, or a deep dive into the specifics, WestEd offers resources, services, and research designed to help.
Check out a small sampling of our resources below.
- Technical assistance for state education agencies to improve educational outcomes
- How to target intervention programs by disaggregating data on special education students
- English language learners with disabilities
- How to use the California Dashboard to improve academic outcomes
- Council for Exceptional Children’s (CEC) Special Education Convention & Expo, January 29-February 2, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Association of California Administrators (ACSA) Conference, Feb 13-15, 2019, Anaheim, California
- Alaska Statewide Special Education Conference, February 23-March 1, Anchorage, Alaska