Date: June 24-26, 2015
Location: 300 Lakeside Drive, 25th Floor (WestEd regional office), Oakland, CA
Registration Deadline: Friday, May 15, 2015, or until event has reached capacity
Join WestEd for this three-day Reading Apprenticeship Introduction where you will learn powerful instructional shifts for middle and high school student success in Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
What You Will Learn
- How to recognize and model for students the reading strategies you use as an expert reader in your subject area
- How to engage students in understanding their own thinking processes—the power of metacognition
- How to integrate and accelerate students’ subject area learning and subject area literacy
- How to foster learning dispositions of persistence, stamina, problem solving, and collaboration
- How to turn the sustained work of learning back to students, successfully
- How to plan lessons that incorporate all dimensions of the Reading Apprenticeship framework
Who Should Participate
- Middle school or high school teachers of all subject areas
- Teams of two or more are highly recommended
- Administrators who will be supporting teachers’ implementation of Reading Apprenticeship
Visit the Reading Apprenticeship Introduction web page for more information.