Announcing the Virtual Quality Counts California Family Engagement Toolkit for the Early Childhood Workforce
This month, Quality Counts California (QCC) released a new virtual family engagement toolkit for childcare providers as part of a statewide initiative to strengthen California’s early learning and care system.
QCC collaborated with a variety of childcare providers, professionals, and experts to develop the toolkit with the goal of helping the early childhood workforce to build strengths-based relationships with the young children and families in their care through meaningful engagement.
The resource is divided into five content-rich learning modules that providers can work through and complete.
- Module 1: The What, Why, and How of Family Engagement
- Module 2: Build Strengths-Based Relationships
- Module 3: Respect the Family’s Role in the Child’s Development
- Module 4: Show Cultural Respect
- Module 5: Take a Shared Approach to Family Engagement
The toolkit, available in both English and Spanish, is facilitated and funded by First 5 California and designed to benefit any person who works with families. As an additional benefit, childcare providers may receive professional development hours for their participation.
Posted on March 8, 2021