Date: Tuesday, May 25
Time: 4-5 p.m. (Pacific)
K-12 Alliance, a WestEd Science and Engineering program, is the California partner for the field test of OpenSciEd, and is proud to bring scientists and science teacher leaders together, with expertise in Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and OpenSciEd, to support school systems throughout implementation.
Join us to learn about the launch of the California OpenSciEd Network! Through the use of high-quality instructional materials, the network aims to position sixth- through eighth-grade students as sense makers and investigators of science concepts.
Membership in the California OpenSciEd Network includes:
Virtual Kick Off, July 20-23, 2021
Participate in a four-day virtual event for a leadership team of 5 per grade (15 total)
- Led by scientists and teacher leaders with NGSS and OpenSciEd expertise
- Gain experience with an OpenSciEd unit: Thermal Energy (6th), Metabolic Reactions (7th), Sound Waves (8th)
- Learn key instructional shifts and pedagogical routines that enrich student centered instruction
- Dive deep into science content that forms the basis of the learning
Virtual Support Through December 2021
Kick off participants have access to ongoing services designed to support implementation.
- Email support to meet individual needs
- Up to 2 follow-up virtual meetings for support and Q/A for district needs
- Choose 1 webinar event for support with OpenSciEd routines and to connect with others in the network
Options for Additional Services
Options include professional learning for all district teachers on units, deeper pedagogical dives into routines, leadership development for teacher leaders, professional learning and coaching for administrators, lesson study, and district technical assistance
Membership Dates July – December 2021 (through implementation of one unit)
Cost for District Team of up to 15: $12,000
Register for this webinar: https://tinyurl.com/385af9hx
Susheela Valdez, svaldez2@WestEd.org