“Successful family engagement is much more than a check the box exercise – it is a centralized series of strategies that benefits individual students and whole schools.”
This statement is the guiding principle of the National Charter School Resource Center’s (NCSRC) new free resource, Family Engagement in the Charter School Life Cycle: A Toolkit for School Leaders.
This easy-to-use guide offers templates, tips, and expert advice for the busy school leader who wants to make meaningful advancements in family engagement and student achievement. The toolkit serves as roadmap for leveraging the existing assets in a school community to improve collaboration with families.
This upcoming webinar dives deeper into this topic, featuring the toolkit’s co-authors in conversation with a representative from the U.S. Department of Education’s Charter School Programs and grantees who have built these strategies into their work. A question and answer session will follow the presentations.
Date & Time
December 16, 2020
11:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) / 2:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Laura Groth, NCSRC Content Specialist and co-author of the toolkit
- Maria Paredes, Senior Engagement Manager at WestEd and co-author of the toolkit
- Diana Rios, Founding Principal, YES Prep Southeast Elementary (TX)
- Jocquell Rodgers, Director of Community Engagement & Public Relations, Green Dot Public Schools (TN)
- Jennifer Todd, Supervisory Education Program Specialist, U.S. Department of Education, Charter School Programs