Date: Tuesday, February 28
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (PT)
Join the California Center for School Climate on Tuesday, February 28, for a FREE full-day virtual event, The Power of Relationships in Supporting Positive School Climates.
The event will feature practitioners from schools, districts, and county offices of education across the state, nonprofit education partners, and students and family members.
Who should attend?
- School, district, and county office of education staff, including
- Student services directors
- School counselors, school psychologists, social workers
- Site administrators
- Health and wellness staff
- Community partners supporting schools, students, families
- Anyone involved in K-12 education in California
Review the schedule below and register for all your sessions of interest. For more information or to register, go to https://ca-safe-supportive-schools.wested.org/relationships.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The California Center for School Climate is an initiative of the California Department of Education, led by WestEd.
9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- Welcome & Keynote
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Schools as Centers of Wellness: A Collaborative Approach to School Mental Health, or
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy: A Case Study in Successful Educational Systems, or
- The Power of Authentic Collaborative Leadership: The Transformation of Bassett Community School
12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
- Committing to Fostering Transformative Relationships, or
- Promoting Student Connectedness and Wellness Using Sandy Hook Promise “Know the Signs” Programs and SAVE Promise Clubs
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Centering Relationships and Data for Informed Decision Making
2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Youth Perspectives: The Importance of Caring Relationships at School (& Event Closing)