What You Will Learn
Our K-12 Instructional Practice and Coaching services are designed to help ensure all students master state standards and are prepared for postsecondary success.
- Learn instructional practices that help students meet the state standards, including understanding complex concepts, and that meet the diverse needs of all student populations. Design and implement lessons that include research-based instructional strategies
- Plan instruction that develops students’ proficiency in academic language
Teacher Leaders and Instructional Coaches
- Increase depth of knowledge about effective instructional practices
- Receive modeling and practice in reflective and directive coaching approaches
- Deepen knowledge of and improve skills in instruction and coaching to better support teachers’ successful implementation of standards-based instruction
- Learn to facilitate data-driven dialogues that help teachers plan instruction and, following classroom observation, provide actionable feedback that enables teachers to improve their instruction
Site and District Administrators
- Learn and implement strategies for meeting instructional, curricular, and student achievement goals
- Work directly with leadership-focused coaches, building systems for implementation of professional development and accountability
- Learn and implement data-gathering systems to use in coaching principals, teachers, and coaches
- Facilitate productive data-driven meetings that directly impact student achievement
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin for regular updates on research, free resources, services, and job postings from WestEd.
Connect with us on social media, where we share valuable information every day to help you tackle real-world challenges.
Who Will Benefit
- K-12 Teachers
- K-12 Teacher Leaders
- K-12 Instructional Coaches
- School and District Administrators
On-site support is available for both training in classroom instructional strategies and in development of coaching skills.
Follow-up on-site implementation support is available for teachers (e.g., module training, lesson planning, observation, debriefing) and instructional coaches and administrators (e.g., reliable classroom observations with teacher feedback).
Dates of service are collaboratively set with the district and school.
What Makes This Service Unique
WestEd’s K-12 Instructional Practice and Coaching process promotes implementation through follow-up on-site support and employs a gradual release model that builds capacity of teachers, instructional coaches, and administrators.
For information on pricing, please contact Sofia Aburto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 209.839.7255.
To learn more, please contact Sofia Aburto at email@example.com or 209.839.7255.
Stay up to date with the latest WestEd news, events, research, and leading voices to support your commitment to improving learning, healthy development, and equity in schools and communities.