Experts from the National Research and Development Center to Improve Education for Secondary English Learners at WestEd, the U.S. Department of Education, the Institute of Educational Sciences, and Oregon State University will lead a panel discussion at the 2023 TESOL International Convention & English Language Expo, held March 21-24, at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon.
The Convention offers professional development opportunities to English language professionals at all levels from around the world, with over 900 in-person sessions.
The theme this year is Inspiring Innovation. Empowering ELT Professionals!
In this session, panelists will offer perspectives on
- Design and implementation of educative curriculum in ELA for teachers and multilingual learners
- Important shifts in the design of mathematics curricula
- Educator professional growth
Wednesday, March 22
Panel Session: Researching and Developing Teacher Expertise in Multilingual Contexts: Three Perspectives
Time: 4:00 p.m.–5:15 p.m.
Location: Room D136
- Aída Walqui – Center Director and Principal Investigator (WestEd)
- Leslie Hamburger – Co-Investigator, WestEd
- Amanda Kibler – Co-Principal Investigator, Oregon State University
- Helyn Kim – Education Research Analyst, U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Educational Sciences
- Martha Castellón Palacios – Co-Investigator and Director of Capacity Building & Outreach, WestEd
- Sara Wiger – Oregon State University
Email Danny Torres, Associate Director of Events and Digital Media, for more information.
Read a recent conversation with Helyn Kim and Center Director Aída Walqui about realizing the Potential of Bilingual Learners.