Join Desired Results for Children and Families for an ongoing free webinar series focused on the Desired Results Developmental Profile (DRDP) assessment instrument.
Developed by the California Department of Education, Early Learning and Care Division in collaboration with the Center for Child and Family Studies at WestEd, the DRDP is an accountability-based system designed to support learning and healthy development for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children who are enrolled in early care and education programs and before- and after-school programs.
Webinar topics range widely, but aim to equip instructors, education leaders, and data analysts with resources and tools to meet the ever-changing needs of the early childhood field. Dates vary, but all webinars are an hour in length and qualify for professional growth hours through California Workforce Registry.
- Utilizing DRDP online reporting tools to inform classroom practice and collect data
- Familiarizing instructors with viewing their class data and rating the measures of the DRDP
- Developing cultural competence and strengthening family partnerships
- Using developmental progressions to scaffold instruction in rich, integrated STEAM learning
- Supporting dual language learners
- Understanding the importance of the 4Ds of the DRDP
- Review the importance of roles and permissions, creating users, sites, and classrooms for administrators inside the DRDP Online system
Who Should Attend?
- Teachers and assistant teachers
- Researchers and data analysts
For more information about the DRDP online, visit WestEd’s DRDP Resources.
DRDP Online for Admin
Participants will receive an overview of the importance of roles and permissions, and learn administrative processes to create users, sites, and classrooms inside the DRDP Online system.
DRDP Online Introduction
Participants will learn four important steps to setting up a DRDP Online account.
DRDP Online Upload Templates
Participants will learn how to upload mass quantities of users, classes and children into the DRDP Online system.
- September 3, 11:00 a.m. PT Register
- September 15, 3:00 p.m. PT Register
- September 22, 1:00 p.m. PT Register
California Early Childhood Online (CECO)
Participants will receive a virtual tour of California Early Childhood Online (CECO), learn how to sign up as a new user, and view free training modules.
DRDP Online Ask the Expert
Participants will receive support for queries regarding the Desired Results Process, observation, the assessment, DRDP Online, and more.
- September 3, 1:00 p.m. PT Register
- September 8, 4:00 p.m. PT Register
- September 22, 11:00 a.m. PT Register
Reflect and Learn First, Teach Second: How to Support Educators Begin the Journey of Cultural Competence and Strengthening Family Partnerships
Participants will discuss and share strategies to expand family engagement and cultural competency.
DRDP Portfolio App Webinars
Participants will learn about the DRDP Portfolio App, a free electronic tool that allows instructors to attach and organize multiple measures to pieces of documentation.
- September 1, 3:00 p.m. PT Register
- September 15, 1:00 p.m. PT Register
- September 29, 11:00 a.m. PT Register