Recorded on November 14, 2017
This webinar was co-sponsored by the California Department of Education and the California Comprehensive Center at WestEd.
Are you working on engaging underrepresented families in your district, county, or school? Are you trying to integrate family engagement activities with your goals for student learning in your district plans or your Local Control Accountability Plans (LCAPs) in California?
In this webinar, you will learn about the Family Engagement Toolkit: Continuous Improvement through an Equity Lens, a publication produced by the California Department of Education that is designed to help strengthen partnerships between educators and families.
The Toolkit translates research into practice, with a special focus on issues of equity. Ten tools to enhance the school improvement process, with examples and editable templates, are included.
Who Will Benefit
- Family Engagement Coordinators at county, district, and school levels
- LCAP Coordinators at county and district offices
- Superintendents, principals, and site administrators
- Parent leaders
- School board members
What You Will Learn
- How to lead a process of continuous improvement to strengthen family engagement
- How to integrate family engagement activities with district goals for student learning
- Where to find free resources for building the capacity of educators and families
- Melissa Bazanos, Riverside County Office of Education
- Margit Birge, California Comprehensive Center at WestEd
- Jeff Breshears, California Department of Education
- Jan Mayer, Sacramento County Office of Education
- Lidia Renteria, California Department of Education