In this customized professional development, participants learn how to:
- Use standards to build vertically aligned curricula and curricular resources that meet the needs of all students, including English learners and students with special needs
- Apply standards-driven and research-based practices to implement innovative instruction that supports all learners
- Create a balanced system of assessments that enhance student engagement and measure progress to inform daily teaching and learning
- Ensure student readiness for state-level summative assessments
- Build capacity for frequent and high-quality interactions among teachers that enhance professional practices and foster a collaborative culture using WestEd’s VITAL Collaboration protocols
- Develop teacher evaluation systems that create buy-in and improve teacher effectiveness
- Develop school- and district-level strategic plans to address all objectives above
- Create and revise existing policies to support all district- and school-level efforts around curriculum, instruction, and assessment
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin for regular updates on research, free resources, services, and job postings from WestEd.
Connect with us on social media, where we share valuable information every day to help you tackle real-world challenges.
Our services range from multi-day training to multi-year partnerships that include face-to-face, virtual, and blended professional development models. We can provide a combination of these professional learning formats that are tailored to your needs.
WestEd also offers comprehensive needs assessments to better customize our services.
What Makes This Service Unique
- Our staff members (former teachers, school leaders, and district administrators) combine experience with a strong focus on understanding what works in education and bridging the gap between research and practice.
- We meet clients where they are and tailor our approach to meet their specific needs, schedule, and capacity.
- We offer a scaffolded process that makes changes more coordinated and manageable.
The cost of services is based on a customized service model co-created with the school or district. It will be included in a service proposal.
For more information about this service, please contact us: Kevin Perks at 781.481.1110 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are located east of the Mississippi River. Robert Rosenfeld at 415.717.5450 or email@example.com, if you are located west of the Mississippi River.