Join WestEd Finance Experts in San Francisco, California, for a Three-Day, In-Person Fiscal Compliance Training, August 9-11, 2023
Our highly-rated training series focuses on the critical internal controls and effective practices you need to comply with complex federal requirements from:
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR)
- Uniform Grant Guidance (UGG)
Day One and Two
August 9th and 10th, from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm PT
August 11th from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm PT
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
As part of WestEd’s Finance Training Series, this in-person event is designed to enhance the capacity of school and district federal program administrators and finance leaders to:
- Understand federal education fiscal requirements
- Proactively resolve any potential audit findings of non-compliance
- Increase the effectiveness of internal controls and procedures for meeting federal grant requirements and remove unnecessary barriers around innovations for improving student outcomes
Who Will Benefit
- Business Officers and Managers
- Special Education Directors/Administrators
- Federal Program Directors/Administrators
- Superintendents and School Administrators
What Previous Participants Are Saying
“I enjoyed the length, lightness, and attentiveness of the presenters and appreciated the interactive polls, quizzes, and explanations provided to participants.”
– Jean Marie Ball, Assistant Comptroller for Elizabeth Board of Education, NJ
“Being in a job that requires so much finance knowledge can be overwhelming. Y’all do a great job of presenting and explaining. I learn every time I attend one of your sessions.”
– Patricia Keaney, Director of Special Education, Pascagoula-Gautier School District, MS
Video Highlights From Our October 2022 Sessions
- $1,000 per person
- Group Rates: $3,000 for 4 Attendees (free registration for the 4th attendee)
The fee includes access to training sessions and all session materials. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
WestEd is a NASBA-certified continuing professional education (CPE) sponsor. Participants can receive up to fifteen (15) CPE credit hours.
Please email WestEd_School_Finance.info@WestEd.org for more information.
Anthony Mukuna is a Senior Program Associate – Special Education and School Finance at WestEd. He leads school finance and fiscal accountability engagements with states and cross-area projects within WestEd. Mukuna has a strong background in accounting, with several years of work experience with local and state governments, in which he managed diverse federal and state funding programs. Previously, Mukuna worked for the Idaho Supreme Court Finance Office and the Idaho State Department of Education, creating a strong fiscal accountability structure. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in Idaho and earned his master’s degree in Business Administration at Idaho State University.
Sara Doutre is a recognized expert in special education policy and finance. Leveraging her federal, state, and classroom experience, Doutre leads accountability and finance work as a Senior Project Director on WestEd’s Special Education Policy & Practice team. Her contribution to state guidelines for braided and blended funding strategies to address significant disproportionality in special education empowered administrators to focus on innovative, inclusive practices. Doutre previously monitored state programs and developed policy guidance at the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs and has an MA from George Washington University in education policy.
- WestEd is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor for CPE on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have ultimate authority on accepting individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
- CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY: We offer cancellations with refunds up to 2 days before each training.