Leveraging Technology for Impactful Learning and Engagement
Ineffective and inequitable technology use is too common in today’s world. Our goal is to transform teaching, learning, communicating, and collaborating by leveraging technology to achieve improved outcomes. We focus on supporting the efficient and effective use of technology for learning and avoid using technology simply for technology’s sake.
WestEd helps K–20 educators, professional development staff, leaders, EdTech developers, and education researchers improve their understanding and effective use of technology in order to boost learning, engagement, communication, and collaboration.
We provide engaging professional learning, technical assistance, learning design, and facilitation that is tailored to our partner needs.
Our work is:
- Grounded in a deep foundation of research on how children and adults learn
- Built with our extensive experience with various types of technology
- Informed by our decades of experience designing and leading effective professional learning programs
- Centered around our belief that learning should be enjoyable and focused on the specific needs and interest of our learners
From Our Clients
Our team collaborated with the Region 13 Comprehensive Center at WestEd to design and facilitate the New Mexico Principal Evaluation Task Force. We engaged nearly 40 education leaders across the state in a fully remote series. Over five sessions, the task force developed a set of recommendations to the New Mexico Public Education Department on revisions for the state principal evaluation system. Following just the second session of the task force, participants shared their experiences.
The session was well organized, made the best use of our time and resulted in some excellent conversations about principal evaluations. As a veteran administrator, I have attended my fair share of task forces and can easily say this is the best experience I have had. Now I trust my state leadership and am happy to contribute any way I am able.
Principal & Member of the New Mexico Principal Evaluation Task Force 2021
Digital Fluency at WestEd
Digital Fluency at WestEd combines effective practices in adult learning and strategic technology integration to build the digital fluency of adults. We design professional learning and collaboration opportunities that engage participants and help them move beyond the mechanics of technology—instead learning to use it effectively for their practice.
Utilizing a research-based approach to adult learning, the project balances self-direction and collaboration, focuses on relevant content, and honors deep and diverse learner expertise. We offer tailored, custom-developed, and continuously improved professional learning to meet your team’s needs and interests.
The result is engaging professional learning that is highly rated by participants.
- Irisa Charney–SirottIrisa Charney–Sirott is a Senior Professional Learning Specialist with more than 20 years’ experience bolstering teacher collaboration and collective self-efficacy. She collaborates with school and district leaders to assess their needs and designs and facilitates professional learning.View Full Bio
- Jennifer FolsomJennifer Folsom is a Senior Program Associate who provides professional learning services and technical assistance to education projects and grants, school districts, and state education agencies. A core tenet of her work is capacity-building among leaders and professional learning facilitators, and she prioritizes learning that transforms classrooms and systems toward equitable learning environments for all learners. Her deep expertise leads to demonstrated significant impacts at the teacher, leader, and student levels.View Full Bio
- Diana MejiaDiana Mejia is a Professional Learning Tech Specialist with the skills to ensure that tech always works on behalf of our participants. She welcomes learners into our projects, clears roadblocks during their professional learning sessions, and follows up on participants’ questions and needs.View Full Bio
- Patrick MoylePatrick Moyle is a Professional Learning Specialist and the Associate Director of WestEd’s Digital Fluency project. He coaches teachers, leaders, and staff developers who want to boost engagement in their learning opportunities and designs and facilitates tech-enhanced and tech-transformed learning.View Full Bio