Recorded on May 14, 2019
The Plan, Observe, and Debrief cycle, or POD, is a collaborative approach to coaching teachers in lesson planning and delivery that builds capacity among administrators, teacher leaders, and their teams to improve instructional practice.
In this archived webinar, WestEd and educators from Atwater Elementary School District present a multi-day process where teachers collaborate on the intentional design of a lesson, observe one another implement the designed lesson, and provide one another coaching and feedback on lesson delivery.
What You Will Learn
- Multiple ways to design PODs for meeting both individual learner and teaching team needs
- Key steps, strategies, and structures for crafting standards-based lessons that engage ALL learners in rigorous learning
- Atwater Elementary School District’s approach for implementing and managing PODs
- Tamara Hall, School Improvement Facilitator, WestEd
- Ana Boyenga, Assistant Superintendent, Atwater Elementary School District
- Patricia Dienz, School Improvement Facilitator, WestEd
- Michele McCabe, Principal, Shaffer Elementary School
- Tiffani Gong, Principal, Bellevue Elementary School
- Amanda Carnahan, Teacher, Grade 3, Shaffer School
- Erica Deol, Teacher, Grade 3, Bellevue Elementary