Achieving & Sustaining Success
WestEd is dedicated to helping all our clients meet the needs of the communities they serve and establish equitable charter schools.
To ensure charter schools enroll and serve all students effectively – including students with disabilities and English Learners – our approach focuses on developing collaborative solutions with a variety of federal, state and local organizations.
We help our partners know what’s working in charter schools and how to best support them by:
- Assessing school choice policies and implement changes that improve high-quality school options
- Facilitating district-charter collaboration and family engagement
- Supporting state education agencies in reviewing their school choice policies and practices
- Providing policy-relevant recommendations and evaluation
- Strengthening systems for authorizing, monitoring, and renewing charter schools
- Ensuring fiscal and programmatic accountability
- Offering leadership support, instructional and leadership coaching, and curriculum and assessment review
The NY-RISE (Resources, Information, Support & Engagement) Initiative
A collaborative effort to support the state’s 351 charter schools through hands-on professional development workshops and technical assistance. Our work with key charter school stakeholders is designed to strengthen leadership, governance, financial operations, special education, and home to school connections.