Building Leadership Capacity for Sustained, Comprehensive School and District Transformation.
WestEd partners with states, districts, and schools nationwide to develop comprehensive school improvement plans that integrate the Four Domains for Rapid School Improvement — Instructional Transformation, Turnaround Leadership, Culture Shift, and Talent Development — to ensure all systems are aligned and working to support improved student achievement.
Our Service: Comprehensive Planning and Monitoring to Improve Student Achievement
Requirements for school accountability and improvement may change over the years, but the continuity of WestEd’s commitment to closing opportunity gaps is stable and consistent.
WestEd services for school improvement planning builds the capacity of schools, school districts, and state education agencies to improve educational programs and culture for all schools, all students.
We help by:
- Analyzing data to identify key areas of strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Uncovering practices and processes for an effective system of continuous improvement
- Analyzing root causes, prioritizing needs, and focusing resources on areas that will have the greatest positive outcome on student achievement
- Supporting ongoing, data-driven collaboration — within schools and among administrators and teachers
Our Work in Action
Over the past three years, WestEd has supported the New Hampshire Department of Education (NHDOE) in progress monitoring for schools identified as needing Comprehensive Support and Improvement (CSI). For each school, WestEd conducted a diagnostic review that identified strengths and needs to support improvement planning.
WestEd has helped the NHDOE monitor each school’s improvement progress. This work included:
- Facilitating leadership meetings and reflection related to progress
- Summarizing challenges, success, and outcomes
- Reporting end-of-year progress
As a result of WestEd’s work, each school made demonstrable strides in addressing their greatest needs and leadership teams are now better equipped to monitor their own progress.
WestEd has been a pleasure to work with, and I believe that other states and districts would benefit from seeking support from WestEd for their educational initiatives. I highly recommend their work in any state.
Ashley Frame, Administrator for ESEA Programs, New Hampshire Department of Education