CenterView: Teachers Leading the Way – Teacher-to-Teacher Professional Learning
Teacher leaders are positioned to help other teachers reflect on their practice, try new pedagogical approaches, and work through instruction-related struggles — ultimately, leading to a change in instructional practice. In order to be effective in their new leadership roles, however, teacher leaders need support in developing leadership skills and require site-level conditions that foster teacher-to-teacher professional learning.
This CenterView issue looks at how teacher leaders are enacting teacher leader-led professional learning and what school administrators can do to support and sustain this impactful approach to improving teaching and learning.
- Teacher leader-led professional learning designed to integrate face-to-face learning, virtual learning, and coaching
- Vignettes of teacher leader-led professional learning in action
- Site-based conditions that enable teacher leaders to facilitate effective professional learning
Visit the Center for the Future of Teaching & Learning at WestEd for more information.
Download other CenterViews sharing knowledge from the Teacher Practice Networks.
- Forging Partnerships – A Model for Teacher Leadership Development
- Putting a Lens on Teacher Practice – Video-Based Peer Coaching
- Mix It Up – Blended Strategies for High-Impact Professional Learning
- Teacher Leadership Works – It Builds, Energizes, Sustains
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will begin after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.