Learn how to accelerate writing in this four-part learning series.
This professional learning opportunity focuses on important instructional topics including:
- Oral language development as a pathway to writing
- Written language development
- Scaffolding instruction for equitable access
- Formative assessment for oral and written language development
This course’s strategies will apply to all instructional settings, including in-person, virtual, and hybrid learning environments.
Who Will Benefit
- Educators of English Learners, including teachers, teacher leaders, and instructional coaches in grades 3-12.
- School and district teams are encouraged to participate together for optimal learning and successful implementation.
What You Will Learn
After taking this course, participants will be able to:
- Provide and facilitate students’ opportunities to listen, speak, and read in ways that lead to writing
- Plan and scaffold writing instruction that maximizes language development
- Gather evidence of where students are in their oral and written language development
Dates & Times
Attend sessions for either elementary (grades 3-5) or secondary (grades 6-12) educators.
The live sessions will take place from 9-11 a.m. PT / 12-2 p.m. ET on these dates:
July 26-29, 2021
July 26-29, 2021
Cost to Attend
Institute Fee: $900 per participant.
The fee includes all materials for asynchronous and synchronous learning components. Participants will enroll via Canvas, where they can access online learning tasks to complete the sessions.
2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for an additional fee upon course completion.
If you have questions or would like more information about registration, please email LeadingWithLearning@WestEd.org.