Register today for the second in a six-part webinar series hosted by the Western Educational Equity Assistance Center (WEEAC) at WestEd.
Session Two: Organizing a District Team to Address Chronic Absenteeism
Date: Monday, February 27
Time: 12:30 p.m.-2:00 p.m. (PT) / 3:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m. (ET)
Districts play a crucial role in supporting and sustaining effective practice at the school level by building key systemic ingredients for reducing chronic absence.
This webinar offers examples of districts designing more just and equitable systems to improve attendance and engagement.
Participants will have access to Attendance Works’ district self-assessment as a reflection and planning tool.
Who Will Benefit
- Districts, charter management organizations, Bureau of Indian Education schools, and tribally operated schools
- State education agency, Tribal Education Agency, Bureau of Indian Education, and Office of Indian Education staff
What You Will Learn
- Learn about the six ingredients for taking a systemic approach to reducing chronic absence
- Understand best practices that promote a positive culture of attendance and early intervention
- Gain insight into specific ways districts have designed equitable systems to improve attendance
Because high levels of absenteeism require a systemic response, WEEAC strongly encourages participants to consistently send a core team to each of these 90-minute sessions.