Making Sense of SCIENCE: Genes & Traits for Teachers of Grades 5-12 (Charts)
Proven through rigorous research to be effective with both teachers and students, Making Sense of SCIENCE (MSS) helps teachers gain a solid grasp of challenging science concepts, analyze effective teaching practices, and explore how literacy supports impact learning.
This set of single-use, 24″ x 32″ wall charts is used by facilitators to anchor discussions and provide a visual archive of teachers’ thinking in the Genes & Traits Teacher Course—a comprehensive professional learning institute for science teachers of grades 5–12 designed to deepen science understanding in the context of student learning.
- Facilitator Guide Bundle: Contains the Facilitator Guide, Teacher Book, Making Sense of Student Work: A Protocol for Teaching Collaboration, and a digital download that includes all course materials, the eBook edition of Making Sense of Student Work: A Protocol for Teacher Collaboration, and the Genes & Traits Formative Assessment Task Bank
- Teacher Book Bundle: Contains the Teacher Book, Making Sense of Student Work: A Protocol for Teacher Collaboration, and a digital download that includes all course handouts, additional classroom resources, the eBook edition of Making Sense of Student Work: A Protocol for Teacher Collaboration, and the Genes & Traits Formative Assessment Task Bank
- Formative Assessment Task Bank: A collection of 20 formative assessment tasks for use with grades 5–12 students
- Facilitation Academies are designed to prepare staff developers, district science leaders, and other teacher educators to effectively lead a Making Sense of SCIENCE Teacher Course
- Teacher Courses empower teachers to educate students in ways that increase engagement, promote critical thinking and analysis, and ultimately improve achievement.
Visit Making Sense of SCIENCE for more information about professional development services and resources.
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will be available after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.