Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Time: 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m. (Pacific) / 3:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Join REL Northwest to learn about developing and administering a large-scale survey, actionable strategies to achieve a high response rate, and valuable lessons learned along the way.
In 2019, the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development (AK DEED) and its partners distributed Transforming Schools: A Framework for Trauma-Engaged Practices in Alaska to schools and districts around the state.
In 2022, REL Northwest supported AK DEED in developing and administering a statewide survey to understand how schools use the resources and implement trauma-engaged approaches. The collaborative survey effort garnered responses from nearly 60% of public schools in Alaska.
During the webinar, panelists will share strategies and lessons learned, and attendees will select a breakout session from the following topics:
- Co-creating survey tools
- Support needed from state agencies
- Developing a survey administration plan
- Identifying your district and/or state needs
Who Should Attend?
State and district leaders and staff interested in the steps and strategies involved in developing and administering a large-scale survey.
- Ashley Boal, Senior Research Associate, WestEd/REL Northwest
- Sharon Fishel, Education Specialist II, School Health, Safety, and Alternative Education, AK DEED
- Shannon McCullough, Research Associate, WestEd/REL Northwest
- Danette Parsley, Chief Executive Officer, Marzano Research/REL Northwest
Subscribe to the REL Northwest newsletter.