Recorded on February 20, 2018
School climate and wellness are essential aspects of school improvement efforts that can lead to increased student engagement, attendance, achievement, and success. But cultivating and sustaining a positive school climate that creates the necessary conditions for learning and teaching can be challenging.
The Moving the Needle on School Climate and Wellness Toward a Happier and Healthier School Community webinar series is designed to help school leaders plan and implement policies and practices that improve climate, engage students and staff, and support the needs of all members of the school community.
The series features subject matter experts and practitioners from around the country as guest presenters.
This third archived webinar, Refueling Mid-Year: Self and Collective Care for School-Based Staff, explores how school leaders can motivate and support school-based staff consistently throughout the school year.
Who Will Benefit
- K-12 school district superintendents and administrators
- Principals and site administrators
- Teacher leaders, behavior specialists, intervention coordinators
- School board members and parent leaders
What You Will Learn
- Learn why and how supporting educators is critical to the prevention of burnout, secondary stress, and compassion fatigue
- Explore ways to maintain momentum and regain focus midyear
- Identify strategies for meaningful self and collective care practices
- Hear from school and district leaders who are prioritizing staff wellness and encouraging self-care
- Ernie Mendes, Author, Executive Coach, Professional Development Trainer, Mendes Training & Consulting, Inc.
- Jenny Betz, School Climate Specialist, Health & Justice Program at WestEd
View Other Webinars in This Series
- School Climate and Wellness Foundations: Strategic Goals for Improved Teaching and Learning (Aired October 27, 2017)
- Numbers Tell a Story: Using School Climate Data to Drive Student Engagement and Motivation (Aired November 29, 2017)
- Crossing the Finish Line: Student Wellness and End-of-Year Transitions (Aired April 11, 2018)