Recorded on December 06, 2018
This archived webinar is the fourth in a four-part series designed to help school, district, and state administrators implement the Four Domains for Rapid School Improvement, a framework developed by WestEd’s Center on School Turnaround.
Effective leadership is critical for sustained improvement in schools and districts. Education leaders — individually and as members of a leadership team — spearhead the design and implementation of processes that strengthen culture, capacity, and skill to improve student outcomes.
Learn about WestEd’s approach to Transformational Leadership using the Four Domains for Rapid School Improvement. Our Transformational Leadership team guides viewers to enhanced understanding of leading for change, as well as adjusting and prioritizing instructional approaches and practices. They share research-informed strategies for:
- Diagnosing and responding to student learning needs
- Providing rigorous evidence-based instruction
- Removing barriers and providing opportunities for all students
- Dr. Sandra Schiber, Superintendent, Atwater Elementary School District
- Ana Boyenga, Assistant Superintendent, Atwater Elementary School District
- Kelli Parreira, Principal, Elmer Wood Elementary School
- Tamara Hall, Ed.D., School and District Improvement Facilitator, WestEd
- Angela Julien, School and District Improvement Facilitator, WestEd
- Lenay Dunn, Senior Research Associate, WestEd
Informed by the Four Domains for Rapid School Improvement, our process for Transformational Leadership entails custom recommendations that help leadership teams initiate change with enduring outcomes for all schools and all students.