The State Role in School Turnaround: Emerging Best Practices
This publication explores the role of the state education agency (SEA) in school turnaround efforts. An emphasis is placed on practical application of research and best practices related to the SEA’s critical leadership role in driving and supporting successful school turnaround efforts.
The publication is organized around the four goals of WestEd’s Center on School Turnaround:
- Create a pro-turnaround statutory and regulatory environment
- Administer and manage turnaround efforts effectively
- Provide targeted and timely technical assistance to local education agencies and schools
- Advocate and lead to build support for local turnaround efforts
Written by leading researchers and practitioners actively engaged in the work, each chapter includes:
- A brief literature review
- Examples from SEAs and/or concrete examples of proposed SEA practices
- Action principles for the SEA
About the Center on School Turnaround
The national Center on School Turnaround focuses on providing technical assistance to, as well as building the capacity of, states to support districts and schools in turning around their lowest-performing schools. The Center is led by WestEd in partnership with the Academic Development Institute, the National Implementation Research Network, and the Darden/Curry Partnership for Leaders in Education at the University of Virginia.
For more information about the Center on School Turnaround, visit centeronschoolturnaround.org.
Product InformationISBN: 978-1-62396-670-6
Format: Trade Paper
Publisher: Information Age Publishing and WestEd
Subscribe to the E-Bulletin and receive regular updates on research, free resources, solutions, and job postings from WestEd.
Your download will be available after you subscribe, or choose no thanks.